JOIN THE GEOSPATIAL COMMUNITY
When you join the Geospatial Council of Australia, you become part of a community of forward thinking professionals raising awareness of the value of the sector for the benefit of all Australians.
Our industry – with its various disciplines and technologies – is transforming to a new integrated geospatial information ecosystem that will deliver knowledge on demand.
Whether you join as an individual for professional and personal development, or bring your business or organisation into the Geospatial Council, you gain immediate access to Australia’s best connected geospatial network.
WORKFORCE EXPERTISEOur Geospatial Future
FELLOWSPrestige & Recognition
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTEvents & CPD
GCA provides a full program of events, ensuring members have access to professionally satisfying educational and training opportunities.
CONFERENCES & EVENTS
Benefits for individuals
Individual membership is open to geospatial professionals, young and emerging professionals, students and allied professionals with an interest in geospatial. This is an acknowledgement of the many complementary sectors that work alongside geospatial.
- Insights to national and global geospatial issues and trends
- Professional development: certification, training and CPD events
- Opportunities to volunteer and participate on various committees and working groups
- Access to publications such as Position Magazine (circulated bi-monthly) and Journal of Spatial Sciences, plus regular industry information updates
- Recognition of your experience, skills & industry knowledge together with the public celebration of exceptional contributions through annual awards program and our Fellowship program
Benefits for organisations
Organisational memberships are offered to businesses (small, medium or large), public sector entities and agencies, and the training and education sector. The Geospatial Council is strengthening links with other allied professional and industry bodies across a range of relevant disciplines and industry sectors such as technology, space, engineering, infrastructure/ construction, property and government.
- Access to national and international geospatial industry networks
- An influential voice to advocate and recommend policies on key issues impacting business
- Opportunities to celebrate and recognise team successes through awards and events
- Company profile-raising in targeted geospatial fields
- A range of workforce development activities